Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Art Walk! :)

Last Friday I experienced my first art walk. I wasn't quit sure what to expect but was glad I attended it by the time I was done. There were only two Art Gallaries that had the art I enjoy most, western art. The first gallary I  walked through was "The Freshwater Studio", which had three artists that interested me the most; Kristin Haakenson, LeAnn Boyd, and A.M. Stockhill. Haakenson and Boyd paintings were mostly wildlife with beautiful landscapes. A.M. Stockhill's art mostly consisted of horses with an abstract affect to them that made them stand out. She also did a lot of layering with her paintings and sometimes put old newspaper or old book pages in the background of her paintings giving it a unique look that was pleasing to the eye. The other art studio I walked around was "The Gallary", which showed the art of Chris Owen of Billings. His art was something I would love to put in my own home someday! His horse paintings were amazing and deffinately inspired me to become a western artist even more.

No comments:

Post a Comment